Friday, April 16, 2010

Crazy Hair Day

Last night Cal informed me that today was Crazy Hair Day. I knew what was coming next - "Can I have a mohawk?" I am not morally opposed to a mohawk, but I feel like it's a project that once you start, there's no turning back and there was no time for a test run. Then I remembered 'the hairspray'. Last fall I decided to treat myself to a decent hair product and ended up purchasing worst hairspray ever. The second you apply even a little bit you can forget about it ever moving again. I knew I should just throw it out, but I paid $11 bucks for it (a far cry from the $2 I usually spend) and I just couldn't pull the trigger to put it in the trash. Anyway, it was worth every penny this morning. We pulled this baby off in just 20 minutes and not nearly as much product as you would expect.
The tongue sticking out was necessary for nearly every picture.
Side view. I just took the little ones and drove by the school to see Cal at lunch recess. He was playing volleyball and the 'hawk is still sticking straight up - it's not going anywhere. I'm pretty sure we'll have to wash it at least 9 times to get that crap out of his hair.
Happy Crazy Hair Day!

5 comments:

LC said...

Oh I LOVE IT! I've been showing the picture you sent me this morning to everyone! I have the coolest nephew ever!

grandmaloly said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Laura said...

awesome. you are a crazy cool mom

agirlnamedgay said...

i agree with laura- crazy cool mom. so what is it with boys and mohawks? B has been beggin for one for the last month. don't know how i feel about it and don't know why he is so passionate about it.

Shannon said...

Amazing work Kady! What's the name of hairspray? I think I should have some on hand for when my kids spring "crazy hair day" on me at the last minute.