
As we struggle through what I hope to be the end of our kids being sick, the photo above is what I'm trying to focus on. Happy, healthy, flesh-colored children.

Saturday night we could tell something was up with Owen. He just didn't seem himself. By Sunday afternoon he had little bumps all over his legs, and by Monday morning his body was covered in hives. The doctor thinks that he just got a little virus that his body was especially allergic to. He is currently completely doped up on at least 5 different medications. He was so sad and out of it yesterday that I let him have anything he wanted. I'm paying for it now as he demands pizza and Dr. Pepper for breakfast. At least that likely means he's feeling better?

The playground at Owen's school has proved especially dangerous for Tessa. A few weeks ago she split her lip open and last week, she smacked her eyebrow on an odd corner. This picture was taken towards the end of the injury. For a few days, her eye was so swollen and especially huge after naptime or in the morning she could barely open her eye. Besides the cut in her eyebrow, now the bruising looks like perfectly placed, smoky eyeshadow.
8 comments:
poor owen! that is bizarre. I hope he starts feeling better. and i think asking for pizza and dr pepper for breakfast is a good sign. didn't even know about poor tessa. let's hope all illness will be done with soon. i was at the pediatrician yesterday and he said he didn't think the flu has hit our area yet...so let's keep our fingers crossed.
I can't even count anymore how many rashes and hives we have had in our family. With my redheads, I can't even change laundry soap. You probably feel like you can't even take him anywhere cuz people will freak, huh? Hope it clears up soon.
i HATE when kids are sick. when you can tell they just aren't themselves or when the get injured and every time you look at them you remember you weren't there to prevent another injury. this mothering thing is harder than i thought.
These pictures make me so sad! I love those little ones and I hope they feel better soon.
Qwen looks like Bodey when he takes Penicilen. (I don't know how to spell it!) He gets so rashy and out of it when he takes it. I swear I have the same picture!
You are such a cute mom. It has been fun reading your blog, and learning so much about your family. One thing is for certin you havent changed a bit! Still fun happy Kady!
I meant ot say Owen I swear. I typed the next best letter then Q. I swear I can spell and read I promise! :)
Poor kids! Owen's rash looks so uncomfortable! You need to tell Judd and Katie to send you some pics of that Redd, he is all over the place. He was even standing by himself when Judd stood him up and let him go. The grow up so fast!
Hi Kady. Hope all is well with you guys. Your kids are still cute as ever. BTW, Ryann still obsesses with Owen. Let us know when you come out and we can let them play.
Hope everyone feels better soon.
Rach
Post a Comment