Saturday marked the beginning of the 2009 baseball season for Cal. Our morning started early with a parade and opening ceremonies with ex-Dodger Lee Lacy talking to the kids for a bit. With just enough time for breakfast before Cal's game, Grandma Peterson treated us to Corner Bakery - yum! Bonnie came for Spring Break and Opening Day and it was so great to have her here (as always). I got to get out and do some shopping and run tons of errands sans children hanging on me and/or throwing tantrums. It was heaven.
This is the first year for Cal to play kid-pitch baseball. He was a little nervous and told me that he was going to charge the mound if the pitcher hit him. Too much major league baseball watching for this kid. We had a long talk about the difference between the MLB and 9 year olds in the SFV, luckily no fights to report.
Cal's most proficient skill at this point is his slide. He is the envy of the team with the best sliding action. When we went to sign up this year, the guy at the rec center remembered Cal as the only kid that could slide in coach-pitch. I guess it's good to have your signature on something. I didn't get a good shot of him sliding, but another mom did, so hopefully I will have it for your viewing pleasure soon. This is just an aftershot of my future laundry.Did I mention? The Yankees (Cal's team) won their first game 9-2. I think this will be a fun year for all of us.
8 comments:
you just got to love it! ENJOY!!!!!
you gotta give us his schedule. we would love to come watch. don't know how i feel about him being the "yankees"...
we'll have to catch a couple of cal's ball games. dallin b is a fan of his ya know. and can i just say i love the pink? i too am a huge fan of boys in pink!
Looking good Cal! I wish we could come and watch you.
My favorite baseball player!!! Has he been picked up by the Doyers yet? Next Easter should be Purple, brown and Lim green themed? Let me know what you think!
I mean LIME green! Whooooops!
Good Luck your like a pro. I wish that I could watch your games. From Ike
Looks like so much fun! Cal is such a great kid, we love him! And as much as it hurts to say it.. GO Yankees!
Post a Comment