This pic is at The Grove. Quite a successful trip that included lunch, lots of treats from the Farmer's Market and finally - quilts for the boys beds. Not bad after 2 years in our house - right? We're getting there.
We've spent a lot of time at Cal's school lately helping them build their CO2 rockets and today was the launch. It was a blast and something that the kids will definitely remember. The whole school came out to count down the launches for the 3 classes that participated.
I loved this picture of all the kids looking into the sky. Cal had just pulled the cord that released his rocket into the air. They were supposed to run and try to catch their rocket before it hit the ground - that was unfortunate for the group of 2nd graders that were sitting where Cal's rocket was headed. Cal almost dove on top of the poor little souls.No picture, but yesterday was Cal's last baseball game of the season. Before we sent my mom and Logan to the airport, Cal was telling them what he would do if he were caught in "a pickle." I just laughed and said that we'd see if he was that brave if he were ever in that situation. Fast-forward 2 hours and there Cal was - caught in a pickle between 3rd and home. He was hilarious - I wish I was a good enough writer to explain his dancing, hand shaking movements as the catcher threatened to throw the ball to 3rd. Cal had a look in his eye that said,"C'mon, just throw it already!" The whole crowd was on their feet, the catcher finally took the bait and threw the ball and Cal took off for home. He slid into home (he wouldn't have it any other way) and everyone went nuts. That was the final run for his team this year and an exciting end even though they lost the game. I think it was the highlight of the season for Cal (and maybe me too.)
3 comments:
Way to go Cal!!! He is one awesome Baseball player! LOVE the picture of all the kids looking in the air. I'm sure glad your Mom is taking some fun trips, she is one amazing Lady and Heaven knows she deserves to relax and enjoy life :). Keep rockin those Southern Cali Fashion Shows Kady!! Love ya!
To bad you didn't have a movie camera going It would have been fun to see. You just have to love this moments it live.
Wow! The writing was great. I could see it. Sounds like so much fun, going to fashion shows and seeing freaky famous people! Hahaha (pete wentz is wierd!) What makes me feel old is that Logan graduated, I remember when your mom was pregnant with him!
Post a Comment