Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Play Ball!

We've said before in our family that we see each other more than some people that live down the street from each other. This is the 4th time Grandma Peterson has been here since November, the 3rd for Grandpa and the 2nd for Joni. (Although Tessa kept calling her Grandma!) It's always a treat to have visitors. We tend to eat out a little more, shop a little more and do fun things like Dodger games when guests are in town. Thanks to my friend Meghan, we scored some awesome tix to the Monday night game. Seriously, I think I may have been more excited about the preferred parking pass that accompanied the tickets.

We brought so much candy that it was almost embarrassing when we went through the security screening. We're still eating gummy bears and licorice. Joni grew up with 5 brothers and she was going to grow up to like sports whether she liked it or not. She has an impressive knowledge of sports and can even be found watching ESPN all by herself. She is one awesome chick.

This was our first Dodger game of the season and we loved every second of it, even though the Dodger's lost. I have a special place in my heart for baseball this time of year. Two years ago I thought it would be a good idea to move into a new house, tear said house apart, have a baby and have some surgery done on Cal's hand all within a 3 week period. The kids and I spent most of our days chilling in the master bedroom counting the minutes until the Dodger game would start. They had several east coast road trips that would start at 4:00 PST and we all looked forward to the opening pitch. I really feel like baseball saved my sanity that summer.

1 comment:

Emily and company said...

Cute pictures. We hope you come to Utah this summer.