Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hawaiian Surprises and a Bromance

We just got back from Hawaii. As the horrible parents that we are, we took Cal out of school for 6 days and spent a week kicking it in the sun of Kauai. There is plenty to blog about, but I don't have that kind of patience right now. This post is about the surprises. My mom had plenty of surprises for everyone on this trip. This was one of the favorites:
For her rental car, my mom booked a convertible Mustang. I didn't know it was secret, so I had already told Cal, but Libby, Logan and Keaton were pretty impressed. I think it was a fun way for them to experience the island. My favorite surprise was a 4 LB bag of salt water taffy. I'm chewing on a piece right now. Delicious.

Bromance
Speaking of convertibles. Still scratching my head about how we let them get away with this, but few weeks ago, these guys took a boys trip to the beach. Watching them all pack into the convertible together was hilarious. I told them paparrazzi would snap a pic claiming that Brody and Spencer had been reunited, but who does that make Kirt? Doug? Kirt hates Doug.
I hope they had a good time because I'm not sure that will be happening again anytime soon. Not only because they abandoned their wives and children for the day, but because Kirt came home with a sunburn so bad that his legs swelled up and his softball injuries from the night before were that much worse. He was a hot mess.

2 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

while i do enjoy the post you don't think you're going to get away with only posting one pic, do you? even tho the bromance pic does hold quite a bit of weight....

Abby said...

I want to start a gluten-free blog, not until I finish summer semester (June 12 at the latest) I will let you know. Love ya