Thursday, December 17, 2009

A little of everything...

Anybody else ever feel like you have nothing to blog about? Then I download my pictures and realize that the blog has neglected to mention Owen's birthday celebration (coming soon, I hope) and shenanigans like this...
I know, you're thinking, "Where is this little girl's mother while she's getting into trouble?" I have no excuse. This little girl is so girly. She has adopted a pair of my shoes that she walks around the house in all day. She does have good taste: metallic gold peep toe heels that look fabulous on her. She loves purses, baby dolls, make up, jewelry, bows and princesses. She is learning her colors, but the only sure fire answer at this point is PINK. She also has to eat on her pink plate for every meal. After 2 boys, this little one is definitely a fun change.

This is Kirt's Christmas light creation this year. Not the best pic, but another homage to the Utah Utes. Kirt had these up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.
Kirt volunteered me to come up with something in lieu of an Angel Tree for his work. They needed gift tags for people to take and purchase a gift for a charity that provides for children with cancer. But the office is 50% Jewish, they wanted something non-denominational. I know most people could bust something out in an hour, but I am not crafty. at. all. So it took longer than it should have, but it was a fun project. Families were invited to the office last Friday to help wrap the gifts and the kids were excited to go. As I pulled into the office, Kirt called and said that we were the only family showing up. Don't worry - it gets better. We walk in and a girl says, "Where are the rest of your kids?" I give her a puzzled look. She says, "Somebody told me that you guys have 8 kids." I respond flatly, "We only take the 3 cutest ones out in public." Seriously? 8 kids? I know 3 is a lot for some west-side-californians, but 8? Not to mention that Kirt looks like he's 26.

4 comments:

Holly said...

You are from Utah, right! Don't you know Utahns have like 12 children. Get with the program! lol! I love your response to her. Very quick witted!

Laura said...

kady, you always are SO quick on your witty responses. i am jealous of that trait. and i think that looked really cute and crafty. and at least you finished a fabric flower the other night, mine is still waiting. and that tess, what a cutie.

~Ali~ said...

That is hilarious! When I first met Ryan he was told that I had 8 kids too! lol I was...oh let's see...like 21, 22 at the time! haha The snowman looks great! Nice that you were the only ones that showed up!

jonbonpete said...

Thanks for the laughs. So excited to see you next week!!! Love ya