Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Libby and Colby got hitched!

We made it up to Utah for Libby and Colby's beautiful wedding in April. Weather in Utah has been anything but "springy" this year, but they managed to pick the only day this year for a beautiful wedding and outdoor evening reception. I was more than skeptical about having the reception outside, but did my best to keep my opinions from Libby or Mom. When I got to the reception early to get ready it was windy and chilly, but by start time the wind had died down and all was well. As the reception ended and we were cleaning up the wind started up again, but for just over 2 hours, the weather could not have been more perfect. Hopefully Libby will blog about it soon because it was a beautiful event. My mom made thousands (literally) of cookies and cupcakes and orchestrated all of the decorating. It was amazing.
It's just a waste of a good fountain if some poor kid isn't threatened with being dunked. Every time I look at this photo I'm amazed that he didn't slip right out of his pants into the water. Half of him bum has already escaped!
(Bailee, Redd, Owen) The day after the wedding Jon and Bonnie hosted both of our families for Sunday dinner. I am forever grateful for the relationship between our two families. We love it when everyone can get together. I just wish I had been better with the camera, I didn't get a single pic of Gage, Kaden or Chase.
I had to do a double take when Redd showed up in this shirt. Cal had one just like it that Owen had just grown out of, but I think Redd got it from another cousin. Redd's used to being the only little one at Grandma Peterson's. It was funny to see him dance with the other kids and follow right along when they took their shirts off. My favorite was when our kids tried to "rescue" Redd from Joni and Redd freaked out because he thought they were hurting Joni.

No comments: