Earlier this year I talked Kirt into running a half marathon. Some friends of mine were doing it and I thought that Kirt would really enjoy it. He's always liked running, he's just never done longer than 5 or 6 miles and he hasn't run a race since high school track. I had no idea what I was getting myself in for. Within hours of getting home from his first race he was online looking for another - which took us to San Fransisco the end of July. It was a beautiful course that ran along Fisherman's Wharf over the Golden Gate Bridge and ended in a beautiful park. It was a crazy morning with the race starting at 5:32 am! My mom came with us (on her birthday!) and slept in with the kids that morning. Just as we got back to the hotel they were up and ready to head out on our daily adventure.
We had been meaning to get to the Exploratorium in SF for years, but this was the trip and it did not disappoint. We were there for several hours and didn't even see half of the exhibits. The kids LOVED it - and we adults enjoyed ourselves too!


Below - This was a "mind trick" section. There was a drinking fountain on the bowl of the toilet. The sign next to it explained that even though the toilet had never been used as a toilet and was every bit as clean as a drinking fountain, people still refuse, or at least hesitate to drink from it. Cal went right in for a drink and Owen screamed in disgust. Case in point.
Thanks again for coming and celebrating your birthday with us. We could get used to traveling with a nanny!
3 comments:
K - your kids are so beautiful! It was so good to see you and the fam, in Ogden a few weeks back. :)
yay - nice to see some pics of your trip. love the exploratorium pics. and because of you we packed warm.
Fun! Now I know there are things for the kids to do in SF. Jason and I have been before, but we threw our SF fleece away years ago! We'll have to plan a family trip there! Your kids are adorable. And, tell Owen that I wouldn't drink out of the toilet either! Who cares if it hasn't been used.
Post a Comment