Friday, November 19, 2010

Owen is 5!

Owen had a quite the birthday this week. Kirt and I took donuts to his class for recess and when I picked him up he had these cute balloons tied to his backpack. He was so excited and I thanked his teacher for the balloons, she looked confused, "You didn't bring those in? We were gone for a few minutes and when we came back they were there." With a little detective work we found out that it was our friends the Kleinbergs. These kids come home after school with ours at least once a week to hang out for a few hours.
Just as we got home from school Owen's best kindergarten bud Edson stopped by with a gift and more balloons. That night was Family Night at McDonald's for their school and Owen was more than happy to spend his birthday dinner at McD's with a bunch of friends from school. It was insane - I don't know if I've ever seen that many kids on 1 playground. It was enough to make me claustrophobic just looking at it.
Back at home, after a sanitizing bath (you know those playgrounds are nasty!) we were ready for cake, ice cream and presents. Owen wanted his own little cake with his name in green and blue on top. He declared the day "The best birthday ever!" and we all slept well that night.

1 comment:

~Ali~ said...

Holy cow! I can't believe he's 5!!! Glad he had a great birthday! And the Trip to Notre Dame seems like it was VERY cool! Sooo jealous!!

And I don't know that we will ever venture into another McD's playland....a couple years ago we went to Vegas ans stopped there on the way and let the kids play....Well Trey came out of the playland screaming at the top of his lungs with fecal matter in his hands! Yup...that was our last trip inside a playland since then! EWWWW!!!