Annoying kid at the playground: I think your girl just tried to do fake karate on me!
Me: She probably did. She's a black belt in fake karate.
Owen: That kid is kind of gross. He eats his boogers.
Me: And you don't eat your boogers?
Owen: Well ya, I just don't tell people about it. (Completely justified in his answer.)
Me: Cal, have you and your friends decided if you want your graduation party at our house or Matthew and Andrew's house?
Cal: Probably their house. It's more fun with the pool and everything.
Me: Talk to them and decide because their mom said that they wanted the party here with the trampoline and the waterslide.
Cal: If we have it at their house are you going to be there?
Me: Yep, I'll be helping Diana with the food and crowd control.
Cal: Can't she just do it by herself?
Me: I guess you don't want me there? ...but it's okay for Diana to be there?
Cal: Well, she's just a little cooler than you.
Oh snap. No he di-in't!
Can I tell you that when I called him out on it and reminded him what a nice mother I was (throwing him this big party for a fake graduation!) he didn't bat an eye. Completely unapologetic and matter-of-fact about my embarrassing-ness. The joke is on him because I've invited his grandparents to the party! (But, it's 100% possible that they're cooler than me too.)
6 comments:
This made me laugh out loud. And then miss you guys. ;(
shoot, does this mean cal didn't invite us to his graduation party? and seriously, i can't believe he is "graduating" that is crazy.
Tell Cal I want to come and if it is okay if I bring my lawn chairs, I know he really loves lawn chairs at his parties.
tell cal i'll bring jono if he invites me. sorry anneli, totally stole your bait!
This made me laugh..... What are Cal's plans after graduation? I think he should go to Euope to find himself.
Ha! I forgot about the playground boy! And thanks for nothing Gay, Jono was my only way in, if Kady's not cool then I am....???
Post a Comment