Friday, February 3, 2012

S#!T my family says...

It's been awhile. I know. Let's skip all that excuse garbage and cut right to the meat.
Remember last post when I talked about Kirt's birthday wishes? Ya, he got none of them...for his birthday. Actually, I did get him a garbage can and it wasn't exactly what he was looking for. Yes I'm serious. That Kirt is a funny one and you know what? I knew when I bought the dang thing that I'd be taking it back, but I wasn't willing to pay the $100+ for what he really wanted and I had to at least show some effort. So 2 weeks ago while perusing the aisles of Home Goods I stumbled upon Kirt's dream can for $30 - he was very pleased. Cut to 1 week later and I can't stand the thing. I hate having to walk over and step on the pedal to throw something away. I mean, it's called "throwing" something away. I can't toss it from the other end of the kitchen with a lid on it! The other night in what I imagine is one of his favorite conversations ever, I told him that I don't like the new one and that he's so lucky to have a wife that will put up with such inconvenience in her life just to make him happy. I start with my list of complaints and mention that it fills up so much quicker than our old trash and that I find myself having to empty it much more frequently. To which he says, "That's not it. It's just so much more fun to throw things away now that everyone is finding excuses to put things in the trash and THAT is why it fills up so much quicker." (Wow, that was a lot of buildup for a little S#!t my husband said.)
----
You know your kids live in Southern California when... Owen woke up the other morning and asked if school was canceled because there were so many clouds in the sky. I wish my boy, I wish.
----
Tessa has become increasingly critical of the clothes I wear and the way I present myself. The other day as we shuffled out the door she casually mentioned, "Mom, you kind of wear those shoes a lot. I know you want your friends to see them but you can wear other shoes sometimes too, okay?"
----
Just in case you wanted to know where I got my title...

4 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

love this! and let tessa know i still haven't seen the shoes......

look up the one s*!t people say in LA. it's pretty funny too.

Laura said...

so funny. i do wish you would post more kady, you crack me up. and i meant to comment on the new can the other day when i was at your house..but maybe good i didn't since i didn't know you had such strong feelings. and that tess is something else. and if they are your new steve madden loafers, i would wear them every day too. hopefully she doesn't call me out on wearing the same shoes everyday. hilarious.

Laura said...

and i thought the s#!t mormons say was hilarious too

The Jensens said...

OMGOSH!!! You are so funny! I feel you on the can, we have one ourselves and I hate it! I mean Hate it!!! Seriously I only come on to blogger for you! Funniest girl I know!