Kirt's birthday is coming up this week. He can be a bit of a tough one. I know I want to get something thoughtful, personal, and if it fits in the budget, that's always a bonus.
He always complains that I'm tough to shop for. In fact, the week before my birthday this year he said, "If I had one complaint about you, it's that you never give me good ideas for gifts." I was all, "Seriously, that's the only thing you don't like about me?! That's so sweet, you don't have to get me anything." And he was like, "Were you listening just now?"
Anyway, back to Kirt's birthday. His birthday list this year is killing me. When I asked a few weeks ago, this was his list...
1. Flying lessons
2. Nothing, I got the Scout this year, that should be my present.
And this morning he exclaimed, "I know what I want for my birthday! I'm going to go buy it today. A nice garbage can for the kitchen."
For real? Flying lessons or nothing? What's worse, nothing or a garbage can? Has he heard of some clothes and a watch? Hopefully I've found something that will meet both of our criteria (nice, personal, meets the budget, doesn't leave us husband/father-less) but he's still got me laughing.
2 comments:
This is hilarious. That is EXACTLY how I feel about Rod. I could list 1000 things I want and Rod wants nothing (but thats not REALLY true)...I never know what to get him. Plus, whatever he does what, he's really particular about, like there is no way I could possibly pick the right thing... This year I bought him a foot massage because he hates regular massages so he was happy about that. Last year, it was an issue of architectural digest (he bought be an imac). I guess I'm kind of a douche... but we were poor...so whatever.
oh man, that is so funny. i am going to have matt read this. if i got him a trash can for his birthday i seriously don't think he would talk to me for a week. he doesn't want any gift at all that i could partially benefit from...then it's not a gift for him. you guys are such a low maintenance couple, i love it.
Post a Comment