Obviously, I haven't been good at keeping up with this blog stuff. I start to think that nobody really cares about the lame stuff I have to put up, blah blah blah... Then we made our annual summer pilgimage to Utah and I got in some trouble with the great grandmas. Sorry Grandmas! Here's a post and I'll try to do some good catching up. With 3 kids in school this fall I should be able to find the time right!?
Anyway, on to the next. Our trip to Utah was probably the best ever - for several reasons. 1. we sent the kids up with Libby and Colby a few days before we went up so Kirt and I got to drive the whole way alone! 2. Our kids are old enough to enjoy some of the same things, be responsible for getting themselves ready every morning (even if it means Owen wearing the same shirt 3 days in a row!) 3. During the summer Bonnie is off work + my mom wasn't working while we were there = undivided grandma attention! 4. I'm probably just figuring out a better way of making this work.
Owen has been bugging me to let him be in a parade so I called Hooper City offices the on July 3rd and asked if it was too late to register a float. In true small-town form the lady told me that we could just show up the next morning and get in line. She was elated when I offered to come in and register and we got a spot right in front of the Peterson's ward. I made a trip to the dollar store for decorations and dropped them off to some friends that I had persuaded into joining us and we were so surprised to see what they came up with the next morning for the parade.
The grandmas rode on the trailer with the kids and I'll tell you what, that Bonnie is a town celebrity! She had people shouting her name the whole way. It was definitely a highlight for me and hopefully the kids as well! I know it's not the Petersons style to show up in a parade but they were such great sports for us. Thanks again for driving Jon!
After the parade we headed home and started to pack up for our next adventure. We left that afternoon for southern Utah with most of the Petersons as well as Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Duane. We stayed in Escalante, where Jackie grew up and man, what a memory. She showed us all around town and told us stories of what life was like when she was little. It really got me thinking about life and family, lots of sweet memories made that week. We made several day trips to Capitol Reef National Park, hiking, fishing, with lots of good food and down time with family. It's going to be a post all on its own with all the pictures and great experiences, but here's a little taste, just for Grandma Jackie:
We're off for another little adventure this weekend. We're getting pretty good at this road trip thing, so I guess we'll take it while we can get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment