Christmas Eve is here already. I decided to cut out a lot of non-essential things that I sometimes do at Christmas time this year. Since I'm not working, I didn't have to worry about co-worker's gifts. I kept it simple for Cal's teacher, and just a few home baked goodies and cards for our new neighbors. I'm really just looking forward to a day off with Kirt in the middle of the week, seeing the kids open their gifts and breakfast at Western Bagel. It's really not the big things about Christmas that excite me anymore. I must be getting old!
I've been thinking about my favorite things about Christmas. I think my very favorite thing is Christmas cards. I LOVE seeing all of your families grow so much with every passing year. If you thought you were left off my Christmas card list last year, you're not the only one. With a 1 year old that was into everything, pregnant with our little princess, working full time, and all the other craziness life brings, cards just didn't get out. I have to thank all of you who didn't black-list me and kept us on your mailing list. By the way Shannon, you put us all to shame every year with your hand-made cards! Stacie and Rachel - your custom designs are awesome! Someday I hope to join your creative ranks. Sometimes the cards are a reminder that it's already been another year since we've all seen each other, but at least we all took a moment to remember one another and send our love, right?
Anyway, I know I'm not much of a writer on this site, but I guess the season is getting to me. We hope you all are well and that you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment