Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Tessa Jane!

It's nearly a week overdue, but last Saturday Tessa turned 1 year old. I have found myself asking why kids have to grow up so quickly? Grandma and Grandpa Peterson and Joni were visiting for a bit and were here to celebrate with us. Saturday we went to dinner - don't worry , it was Tessa's choice. Then Sunday, we had cake and ice cream with a few friends. Tessa certainly cleaned up in the wardrobe department. She will continue to be quite the fashionista with all the clothes she scored. Having a little girl around has certainly been a special blessing this last year. We love you Tessa Jane!
Tess nearly ruined the birthday plans with her nap. She showed no signs of waking up to greet her guests. Finally she woke up and was pretty happy for having her precious beauty sleep interrupted. So, are little girls really different? Yep. I couldn't bring myself to let her dive into the little cake I made just for her and make a big mess. Maybe it's because she's the 3rd kid, or maybe I didn't want to take that adorable dress off of her. I've been waiting to put her in it since it was given to me at a shower before she was born. Grandma Leslie even found some little clips that will stay in what little hair she has.
On a side note: Jono - if I ever have to review my homeowner's insurance policy because of you - you will no longer be invited. Let's be honest, free parking only goes so far.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tessa is so beautiful! I'm glad you guys got to have a fun party with her. That is funny you didn't let her play in the cake. I don't blame you, she does look adorable in that dress.

Shannon said...

She is adorable Kady! I can't believe she is already a year old. It does go by way to fast.

Jono said...

I have been meaning to tell you that ever since that day my ankle has been a bit sore, I'm thinking it happened when I jumped off the tree. When you get a chance could you pass along your policy number and applicable policy limits, thanks (P.S. I hope you don't have Mercury they never want to pay anything)

Emily and company said...

Happy birthday Tessa!

Abby said...

I heard Tess started walking this week, we we love for you to post a video!

Laura said...

I'm glad Kirt was able to go to see Wicked with you. Happy Birthday to Tessa - wish we could have been there, looks like you guys had fun with the tree climbing and all.

allen6 said...

O.K first off you gotta love Jono, I know we do! Second I totally get the lack of hair thing, Avery has even less than Tessa and she will be one next month. Man does she look like Cal, she is so cute Kady. How are you guys doing, it has been a long time?

Anita said...

Kady, This is Anita Hadley. Do you remember me? I found your blog from Mandee Hipwell. I hope you don't mind. You have a cute little Family. If you want to stop by our blog it is dennisandanita.blogspot.com

Jono said...

P.S.: What exactly do I have to do to get my blog linked to your blog, have I not earned that respect yet?

Shannon said...

It's me again. Sorry, but I'm tagging you. I'm sure you've done this is a million times and you don't have to do it again, but I didn't want to be the spoiler and have it end at me. Apparently, you're supposed to check my blog for the answers. Sorry.

Alliban said...

What a sweet baby girl. I can't believe she's already 1. Didn't we just have your baby shower? Miss you guys.