Monday, July 7, 2008

Little Laughs

We had a nice long weekend as the big happy family that we are. Kirt didn't even check his email until Sunday night and even then, there was nothing pressing that required his attention. Aahhh. Anyway, the weekend was full of adventure, fun with friends, and some good laughs. With Owen around, there's always some laughter going on and its getting so fun to see Tessa starting to defend herself around her brothers. She will scream and push to make sure her brothers know that she means business. I guess it's good to see that she's got one feisty little personality!

Two of the most memorable moments, though, did not involve the little ones: Thursday night Kirt and I were in the living room watching TV after the kids had gone to bed. Well, Kirt was watching TV, I had fallen asleep on the couch. (typical) I awoke to hear the fridge opening. I looked at the clock, it was about 12:30. Then I looked around and Kirt was still watching TV. I realize that our little sleep-walker (Cal) was the culprit in the fridge. Then I hear spilling liquid. Oh no! Kirt runs over to the fridge and finds that Cal has pulled out one of the bottom drawers and is peeing in it. Yep - peeing! He finishes and goes back to bed. Are you kidding me? Kirt pulled the drawer out, dumped out the contents and left it in the sink to be dealt with later. In the morning, I told Cal what had happened and he just laughed. Not even a hint of embarrassment.

If that didn't provide us enough giggles for one weekend, at church yesterday, I got another one. Kirt teaches the adult Sunday School class. (He does a wonderful job, btw.) As we're getting ready to leave for church, he says he needs a bag and something random to put in it for an object lesson. I go to the closet, grab a gift bag and Cal's Dwight Schrute bobble head is right there. Looks like it will fit and off we go. Back to Sunday School: at the end of the object lesson, Kirt pulls out the toy. Apparently all of "The Office" viewers were out of town for the long weekend. (Where were you when we needed you Rod, Hilary, Kirk and Val!?) Several people start saying,"Oh look, it's a bobble head of Brother Peterson!" It was all I could do to restrain my laughter. I don't think that most of the people in the class even knew what a bobble head doll was, let alone one from a TV sitcom. Also, in Kirt's defense, I don't think it looks at all like him. And a yellow shirt with a brown suit? We all know Kirt better than that! (Although, it was the uniform of our Jr High Principal - Noel Zabrinski.) Is is just a coincidence that Dwight's middle name is ... wait for it ... Kurt?

7 comments:

grandmaloly said...

Ryan did that once,only he did standing in the corner of the kitchen. Jeff and I just looked at each other like, is what going on what we think was going on.

Anonymous said...

Faunny Kady, Shawna was a sleepwalker and almost did the same thing in a wastebasket.
yeah, it's Aunt Kathie Arnold.Megan got me going on these Blogs and it so fun to see you and your Darling Family. You look Great. It has been so long since I have seen you.Check out Megan's the link is on Libby's.

Thanks for sharing

The Stephensen's said...

My cousin Mike totally did that about the same age as Cal! Loved the bobble head story especially the part about Mr. Z hahaaha

California Banry's said...

That is hilarious. I love that he wasn't even embarassed. He's such a cute kid. Thanks for coming out today. We should get together more often. I miss seeing. You're terrific! Love ya

Emily and company said...

Thanks for giving me my laugh for the day. Sleepwalking must run in the family because Liv is a crazy sleepwalker too.

Shannon said...

I was just recently introduced to "The Office". I don't know how I managed to live this long in a bubble, but I'm totally hooked now. It's hilarious! I also love your Cal story.

Mandee said...

Oh HILARIOUS Cal!! I did not see that one coming. As a fellow Office fan, I would've been rolling. Thanks for the laughs!