Friday, July 18, 2008

I have begun...

Every year I say that I'm going to start my Christmas shopping early. Then suddenly it's December 10th and I have much left to do. I always want to find the "perfect" gift, so I pass on plenty of good presents, in search of the great. I was determined that this year would be different and so I began. I decided to start small and work my way up: so, while I was at the post office the other day I got a few extra books of stamps. No, you won't be receiving a book of stamps for your Christmas present, nor will my children. The stamps will be saved to mail out our holiday cards. Maybe it doesn't even count as Christmas shopping? I feel like I've accomplished a small goal, so it counts for me. But now I have the pressure of getting the picture taken and the cards put together. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Now we have somewhere around 160 shopping days left. Happy shopping everyone!

8 comments:

Mandee said...

Good for you! This sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll head down to the local post office tomorrow!

Emily and company said...

I am so glad you are doing this. I started a doing early Christmas shopping a few years ago. The holidays are so enjoyable now. I promise you, you'll never go back.

Rachel said...

holy cow, kady! you are really on the ball! who thinks about christmas this early in the year?! now i know. you put me to shame.

Laura said...

what?!?! I am definitely a last minute shopper. i don't think about christmas until after thanksgiving. part of me feels like i do better under pressure. maybe i can shape up this year. good job on being ahead of the game. hope you guys are having a good time in zion.

me? said...

very proud of you Kady - I'm usually ahead, but this year prob not. maybe we'll switch places! when are you up here?

~Ali~ said...

Hello Kirt and Kady...you are probably wondering who the heck this is...well, one hint, I used the word "heck" so I am from Utah!! LOL This is Allison, Ryan's wife! I just wanted to stop by and say hi, I finally got a blog after a few people getting after me to get one...LOLA...Anyway, cute blog and kids!

The Mackay Family said...

Are you kidding me? It's July. Are you listening to Christmas Carols, too? You're amazing...

mtbuttars said...

Hey Kady!!! Let me just tell you that your family is so cute! It's so much fun to keep up with eachother's lives, since we don't see eachother much. I'm going to add you to my list so that I can check out your blog again. I'm glad you are doing well in Cali. Hope to hear from you again.