I swore I would not post about my birthday. I just didn't feel like advertising it this year. However, with a birthday week like I had, there are some "shout-outs" coming. On my actual birthday, I was totally spoiled. Started out with lunch and shopping. My girls were actually camped out on the dressing room floor to help me pick the perfect pair of jeans. Those are good friends. Kirt and Cal had decided to get me a new cell phone and were so excited about their big surprise. Several months ago Owen stuck my cell in the toaster and actually toasted it. Somehow the dumb thing still worked, so I taped on the battery and have continued to use it despite the fact that the ring was so muffled I could never hear it. Anyway, I ended up with a great new phone with so many features that I'm sure it's technology is wasted on me, but I love it anyway.Topped it all off with a little family dinner and a cake that Kirt and Cal whipped up. Little did I know that the celebration had just begun.
(Photo: the girls at the party - minus Mariah, she had just left. Thanks Hil for getting Tess in the pic. She was in bed about 3 minutes after the picture was taken.)Somehow, Kirt and some sneaky friends found a way to throw a surprise party at my own house. We had a baptism to attend on Saturday afternoon. Apparently as soon as we left, the party planning committee convened at our house and got to work. By the time we got back at 7, there were tables, chairs, full Stonefire dinner, balloons, gifts (allegedly), games and some of our favorite people. I still don't know how they pulled it all off but the details were totally heart-warming. Salt-water taffy had been flown in for the occasion and a hilarious game that gave everyone way more info than they ever wanted about me. I even got a personal "Happy Birthday" serenade from my favorite American Idol. I was glad she was only on the phone so she couldn't see me cry. (BTW- the aforementioned game asked who my favorite singer was and Dave(Mr Brooke White) got it wrong. Dork!)
Okay, so there you have it. I wasn't going to post about my bday and now it's a novel. Thank you to everyone for the cards, calls, and all the festivities. Thanks to some of you for the gifts, and the others, thanks for the gift receipts! haha! Thank you to Anneli, Gabrielle, Laura, and especially Kirt for pulling this off. It was awesome. I am so blessed, seriously!
7 comments:
What a fun party. I was hoping you would post about it. Sorry we missed it Katy. If anyone deserves a fabulous party, it's you sis! You rock! Happy belated Birthday. What a cute sneaky guy and girlfriends you got!
Happy birthday sis! I am so glad you had a great birthday, and we had a great time while you were home. I can't wait to see you guys again! love ya.
why do we look so short in that picture? that was a very fun party.
So sad that I missed it! I'm glad that it was fun. Good Job, Kirt!
Wow, what a sweet family and group of friends! You look so great, and young and hip! Happy late B-day.
Post a Comment