Earlier in the week, Anneli and I decided to take the kids to a rare day game at Dodger Stadium. As the days went by, our husband's decided they could afford to take some time off and enjoy the game with us. (Well, Kirt took time off, and Ferris Beuller was "meeting with clients.") Anneli went early and took Cal so they could see batting practice and score some free parking, neither of which turned out. But our luck was about to turn. I ran to get some lunch and on my way back, some girls started staring at me at whispering amongst themselves. Finally, they said that they had 2 extra tickets to the Dugout Club and wondered if I would want them. Want them? Uh yeah, I think I could find somebody to fill those seats. Being the awesome wives we are, we let the boys go down. They also took Cal to see if they could all get in, even though there were only 2 tickets. I'm not sure how all three made it in, but apparently the woman taking their tickets was easily confused by 2 big shot LA lawyers.
They enjoyed the remainder of the game 6 rows behind home plate. If only we had gotten them down there sooner, they would have been just feet from Snoop Dogg. (He threw out the first pitch. Cal said it was weak - because he smokes.) The seats include access to all-you-can-eat goodies. Cal had an ice cream sandwich, fudgesicle, and some cracker jacks for lunch. Nice. Cal talked about every detail for 2 hours after the game. He couldn't believe how big the players were - he's only used to seeing them from the cheap seats!
Part of the reason we wanted to go today was because it was "Kids Run the Bases Day." All the kids got to run the bases after the game. It was also "Camp Day" and a ton of summer camps were invited to the game so there were TONS of kids, but with the fancy seats, the ushers took Cal to the front of the line and let him run. He caught up to the girl in front of him pretty quick. Later he told me,"I wasn't sure if I should pass her, so I just tried to be cool."
During our journeys through the stadium, we came upon this Dodger golf cart. I didn't know if we'd ever get Owen out of it. What an awesome day. I hope Cal remembers it forever, because there's no way we're ever paying the $650 per ticket to sit there again!(As I'm typing, they're watching the replay of the game and are so excited that they can see themselves on TV! I love it!)
8 comments:
What a fun day, I hope those boys know what cool wives they have. Not only do we approach them with an idea of going to a baseball game but we manned the nosebleeds while they lived in the lap of luxury. Cal cracks me up, he also told Jono, "this is paradise, I could get used to this."
You are a rockstar! I can't believe you got tickets to the dugout club. My husband is drooling even thinking about it. Now if only it were a Yankees game...
that was quite the luck - and you gusy ARE super nice wives. I'm not sure if I would have been so nice. it is hard to ever go to another game again in different seats once you have been in the dugout club. i agree w/ Cal that I could get used to it.
Wow, that is so cool. What a great day. She probably picked you because you're so cute and look great on TV and then you sent the men in. They're cute too!
Wow! Two great looking Peterson boys. They must get their good looks from their Mother's.
I love Dodger Stadium! I remember going on vacation there many times as a kid. I can still remember having a Dodger Dog and some peanuts. It looks like you had a great day and you are a terrific wife.
Oh, that looks like so much fun!!! I bet they loved every bit of it! Cute cute pics!!!
Wow you lucky girls! or should I say Kirt & Cal? You guys are always doing something fun! LUCKY
Post a Comment