Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A little confession.

So, we've had a little fun teasing a certain friend about her social calendar. She uses her calendar in the usual way, to remind of upcoming events, but the funny part (we thought) was that she goes back and writes in things that have already happened. I realized recently that I have a similar habit. Nearly every weekday I make myself a "to-do" list. I do it for several reasons: 1. To remind myself - my memory is lacking, to say the least. 2. I like to cross things off my list and feel accomplished. 3. I like looking back at the end of the day to see that my time was not all wasted.
Here's my similarity: If I cleaned the toilet, but it wasn't on my list, I go ahead and add it so that I can cross it off. I know it's ridiculous, especially because nobody ever sees my list. It is usually in the trash by dinnertime. At least my friend can say that she's keeping a record of something, my wasted paper and ink serves no other purpose beyond the day of its use. So there you have it. My guilt is floating away as I type. I'm sorry for not standing up for you when what I do is far more lame. (I have withheld names (or name) to protect the innocent.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

who could that person be? and don't you worry, I do the same thing with my to do lists as well. and let's not pretend that dry erase board doesn't just get wiped away at the end of the month. i am really the only one who sees it. and don't let anneli fool you that she doesn't do the exact same thing! she is trying so hard to pass me up on the social calendar....with all her "courtesy" invites to dodger games days I have to work.

California Banry's said...

I do the list thing and add it so I can cross it off too. Isn't that great! I think it's really cool. Then when I'm eating my ice cream sundae because I'm pooped from all I've done, I'm justified... see my list!