Monday, August 11, 2008

Here we go...

Are you ready for a marathon post? Here goes: We have been busy, hence the lack of posts. We made our summer trip to Utah which also included a little trip to Jackson Hole, WY. Kirt's brother Jake has his own river raft, and took us on a couple of runs down the Snake River, which was awesome. Thanks again Jake! We also did some good ole sight seeing and hit the Bar J Wranglers Chuckwagon.
Owen came home with this coon-skin cap, but we left the cap gun at the store. He is ob-sessed with guns and shooting. Los Angeles parents do not take kindly to even pretend shooting at the park, so we're trying to curb that a little.
Cal's favorite part of the trip was the Alpine Slide and the river rafting. He also had fun planning revenge against Taft for smashing his face into his chocolate chip pancakes.
This buffalo was outside the shops on Main Street. It is actually on a platform with wheels. Apparently they move it around town? Owen thought it was awesome. He told me, "Look Mom! The animal is on a skateboard!"

Now, I expect to have at least a week of peace regarding the blog. And for those of you who don't even have a blog - you are not allowed to harass me about my blogosphere absence. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! (Many posts to follow - so keep reading!)

10 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

wow you weren't messin around today... 7 posts! looks like utah was a lot of fun. maybe grandma peterson can pack that bad boy up and bring it on the plane the next time she comes!!!

Rodney said...

Dude ... I don't want a blog if I'm going to have to embark on blogging rampages like the one you went on yesterday. Nice work. I'm glad I guilt-tripped you.

Last night when we got home Hil asked me why I always roll my eyes when she talks about our "future children" (which happens about 15 times a day), yet when we hang out at the Petersons I love playing with the boys. Easy. The boys want to do what I want to do: play sports, talk about sports, talk about playing sports, kill bugs, eat food, get sweaty and make fun of girls.

~Ali~ said...

I was wondering if you had somehow dissapeared somewhere that you couldn't get to a comuter! haha That was quite the post! Good Job, it is fun looking at all your pictures!! You have such a cute family!

Emily and company said...

Wow! I think I have blog sensory overload. I am tired after reading that post. I am glad you came to Utah. It was great seeing you. Your kids kill me, they are so cute and funny. I am glad you guys had a good time. Happy belated birthday.

me? said...

Kady- it was so great to see you and your beautiful family while u were in town. i'm so glad you called and we could meet-up. love the blog-keep it coming'
stacie

Alliban said...

Natey would play guns with Owen and this mama would be OK with it. It's all Natey wants to play with and we did bring the pop gun home... actually his dad bought it for him at Cabela's (a shopping trip I chose to miss!)

Anneli said...

Wow, I'm happy about the new post but not as happy as Kalia. She finally has some new pictures to look at. She and I want to put in a request to have more pictures of Tessa, since that is who she asks about on an almost hourly basis. That would fill up at least 20 more minutes of my day. Thanks.

Laura said...

that was a great megapost. and glad to see you what you did in Utah...I guess I could have asked for more details, but it looks like you guys did have a lot of fun.

The Bond Family said...

LOVE the pictures! You have the most beautiful family. I can't believe how old Tessa is getting - she's gorgeous. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I always think of you on Aug 3rd - I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I can't believe Owen toasted your cell phone! It will be interesting to see what life is like with a little boy in the house :) Love you, miss you.

The Stephensen's said...

Wow looks like you guys are having a fun summer for sure! What a cute family you guys have!!