Last week started out like any other week, but sure didn't end that way! Last Sunday night as Kirt was putting the kids to bed, he made them give him an extra long hug. He told us all that it was going to be a very busy week at work and he might not get to see them much. On Monday morning, Anneli called and asked if we wanted to drive to Utah. What? Turns out her friend had moved back to SLC from Hawaii. Their car had been shipped to LA and that's where we came in. Driving a trip like that isn't so bad... until you get there and realize that you have to drive home. So, this was perfect. The trip took us 12 hours, which, with 3 little kids and Cal, is not bad at all. It was so fun to call the grandma's and tell them that we were coming to visit TOMORROW. And, with Kirt's super busy week at work, it was the perfect time for a widow's getaway.
We had a great visit complete with dinner at all my favorites: Costa Vida, Pizzeria and Spaghetti Factory. (not all in one night, but don't tempt me!) We spent an awesome day at the Aquatic Center and got in a Raptors Game. We especially loved getting to meet our new nephew/cousin. Little Redd is so adorable and such a content baby (at least during the day!). The kids also had fun adventures with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson.
I was slightly nervous about the flight home with 3 kids by myself, but we survived. We had the back of the plane to ourselves. We flew Jet Blue, so I bought the boys each a pair of headphones and they enjoyed Scooby Doo on their own TV's most of the flight. I couldn't believe how fast the flight went. Owen was hilarious. He didn't realize that we were actually on an airplane and had gone somewhere in those 2 hours. We got into the Burbank airport and he asked, "Where's Grandma?" I'm sure he thought - she was here when we left, why would she leave?
It took a few days after we got home for Kirt's work schedule to slow down, but the big deal they were working on closed this morning. He just sent me an email from a few partners telling him what an awesome job he did. I'm sure he won't appreciate me posting that, but I'm so proud! Looks like an early exit from work and a fun family night for us! Enjoy your holiday weekend!
1 comment:
Yeah! I got your blog from your mom. I would love to know when you guys are coming to Utah again. I am so jealous you live in California, that is my dream. My mom hates to hear that, but when we go back that is the place that feels like home to me. It sounds like your family is having a blast there. Your kids are the cutest! Here is our blog, www.cksmithcrew.blogspot.com, keep in touch, Kelly Smith
Post a Comment