Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Green with Envy

I've been posting a lot of pictures of our awesome weather (minus the rain the past few weeks), and trips to the beach lately. But there are things that we miss that even the California weather doesn't make up for. To all our Utah friends and family, please take some time to enjoy the things we miss so much. In no particular order:

Hawaiian pizza at the Pizzeria is fabulous. Why doesn't everyone put green pepper on a Hawaiian? Yum. And the deluxe salad is not complete without thousand island and blue cheese dressing. I am salivating.

Recently, there have been a few Cafe Rio's opened in Vegas, which is a 4 hour schlep that we make every so often for the weekend, but even when we get there, Kirt doesn't particularly like it. I need one closer to go to lunch with my girls during the day. I know there are recipe's floating around for the pork, I just have failed to even try. Can't a girl just go out and get a sweet pork enchilada?
The Burger Bar - nothing like it. We can't find anyone that can make a shake like the BB. We recently found a little stand with marshmallow flavoring, but still a dim comparison to the old favorite. And not to be all food related, there are other things in this photo that we treasure. Our families and friends. I had to narrow it down to a few pics, but if you see any of our family around, give them a hug for us.
We love our families so much and are so glad they're all so willing to make the trip out to see us so often. And whenever we make it into town, everyone makes a special effort to get together. There you have it, I'm jealous.
(If Kirt were writing, he'd probably mention the snowboarding and sledding, but he's not posting and just thinking about it makes me cold.)

10 comments:

~Ali~ said...

I will go to Cafe Rio for you and eat up a yummy sweet pork enchilada! haha And I totally agree with you on the Pizzaria! YUM! We wish we could see you guys more often too. Now go play a the beach for me! haha

Holly said...

Just goes to show that we always want what we don't have. From my point of view I'd trade the yummy pork burrito, big ben, and hawaiian pizza (with mixed sauce!) for a nice stroll on the beach. I'm sure if I went without those things for a few weeks, I'd be craving them! No Winners here!

Jennie said...

Josh and I always miss El Matador, although we can decide which is better, Ogden or Bountiful. (I still say Ogden!)

agirlnamedgay said...

You can be green with envy just DON'T LEAVE US! I could really use a cafe rio close myself. I'd meet you every Tuesday for lunch...

Laura said...

i'd meet you every week for lunch at the rio also. but maybe not tuesday, ok gay? stop planning hypothetical hang outs without me. and the pork recipes are just not the same.

Emily and company said...

Well, Utah is much better when the Peterson's are here. We hope you come soon.

By the way, where's the Tony's picture? I'm very disappointed!

Shannon said...

Okay, I'm very guilty of always commenting how jealous I am of your weather, but you got me with this one. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up a Big Ben just for a little warm weather.

Abby said...

Who is that mentally challenged girl at the burger bar pretending to be a bunny? couldn't you wait for me to sit down, seriously you are so impatient sometimes.

The Smith crew said...

I am laughing so hard right now at Abby's comment. I went back at looked at the picture again, hilarious! I love BB's tropical fruit shakes, yum!

B&L Watty Family said...

Love the favorites. I remember when we lived in Washington, missing the milkshakes from Utah. Nothing quite compares to the Burger Bar.