For the first time in our 10 years of living outside Utah, we went home for Thanksgiving. The kids had an entire week off of school, it was a great opportunity to spend the day reminding ourselves of family traditions complete with bowling with the Petersons on Thanksgiving night. (Which turned into bowling with the Arnolds as well - double bonus for us.)
Libby and I, and our cousin Annie started out Thanksgiving morning with a Turkey Race at Ogden Regional Hospital. It was supposed to be a 5 mile run, ended up being 3.7 miles. While I realize it was a very laid-back event, the distance discrepancy still cracks me up. It was a fun way to start the day and surprisingly, I think the 9 degree temperature that morning was harder for Libby than me. I only got yelled at twice for pushing "my friend" too hard when people saw Lib puking on the side of the road. We have since concluded that Libby shouldn't eat before she runs - and maybe not ever get pregnant. That is one sensitive tummy.
While in Utah we had late/early birthday celebrations for Owen and my nephew Lincoln. Once again we gathered the Petersons and Arnolds together and had a blast.

This should probably be a separate post, but I already uploaded the photos, so just deal.
Christmas morning at our house.
This is the kids waiting in the hallway to head out to the tree. It was 8:30 before everyone was up and we headed out to open our presents. I don't know how we got so lucky, but it was wonderful.
We had a great Christmas complete with all of our favorite traditions. After opening presents, we headed out for bagels for breakfast. When we got home we skyped with Grandma and Grandma Peterson while the kids opened their presents from them. Hit a movie with some friends that afternoon and a laid back evening playing with all of our new toys and watching the videos from earlier that day. Although it had only been 10 hours since it all went down, I was a little sad seeing the footage of the kids and their Christmas morning excitement. These kids are growing up and the years are flying by. Before you know it we're going to be dragging them from bed to start Christmas.
Ultimately, it was another fabulous holiday for the books. The new year has started off great and we're looking forward to all the fun that 2011 holds. Now lets get to it...Post Post - sorry, I didn't realize that people wanted to know what Cal's gift was. He got a game for the Wii called Tony Hawk SHRED that came with a kind-of skateboard to play the game with. It hasn't been used in 2 weeks, which is about par for the course with most Christmas gifts, no?
2 comments:
like the post and the pics but seriously what's up with the cliff-hanger? especially since we all know you're not going to answer it in your next post 2 months down the road. what was the present cal was dying to get that was hid behind the couch?!! give us the dirt!
Love this. I haven't eaten before a run since you left. guess what .. No stop necessary for throwing up anymore. Can't wait to see you in HAWAII!
If someone drops out of you ragnizzle fo shizzle I've been practicing. :)
Post a Comment