Thursday, August 23, 2012

A few things from June 2012

Let's play some catch-up, shall we?
 Miss Tess turned 5 in June. Grandma Peterson had a trip planned to be here to celebrate and at the last minute Grandma Leslie and Aunt Abby decided to join us as well. They put up with so much craziness and took orders from me left and right to keep our family afloat and make her birthday awesome.

 One of my crazy plans were these cupcakes. They turned out pretty cute. Those preschoolers weren't slowing down to appreciate the amount of time these silly cupcakes took, but Tessa was thrilled with the outcome and I was proud of our efforts.
 Birthday girl in her 3rd or 4th outfit of the day after opening her load of presents. She sure is a fun 5 year old to have around!
 Then she went ahead and graduated from preschool. Her school puts on such a fun presentation with poems, songs and special messages from the kids. We already miss all the special ladies there that loved and taught her so much.
 Cal played his first season of organized basketball this year and I think we were all pleasantly surprised with how fun it was. It doesn't hurt that he was on a winning team. (They lost the championship with a heart-breaking buzzer-beater.) The practices and games were not close to home and with other stuff going on it got a little hectic, but it was great. Cal learned so much this season and gained some great friends. His coaches were so patient and generous with their time. It was a fantastic experience.
 And then the boys' school got out. Owen's last day of kindergarten was a tearjerker for me. Mrs. Sachs has been part of our school family since Cal was in kindergarten. She has always kept in touch, and been a great friend to me. Although we were hoping to keep her around one more year for Tessa, she retired at the end of last year and we are so excited for her to spend more time with her sweet family.
We wasted zero time after school got out to start the summer celebrations. The day after school ended some girlfriends and I took our kids to Newport Beach for a few days. I spent the first night with all the 'big boys' at the Angels v. Giants game. Absolute highlight of the trip for me as we blasted the radio and the boys serenaded me in surround sound all the way to the ballpark. Things were surprisingly quiet aside from a bit of snoring on the way home. I guess I wore them out!
We must have had a lot of fun on that mini-trip because the above photo is the only one I got the whole time. I guess we'll have to make it a tradition and go back to get some more pics!

No comments: