No, not that one. (Although Gay would have you thinking otherwise about me.) The one on my mind lately is schedule. Next year when school is rolling around again and I say that I'm nervous about being back on a schedule can you remind me how awesome it is? (At least for a little while.)
I read a blog post a while ago and while most of it was stuff that I try to do, it gave me a few new ideas too. I love the idea of getting things going in the morning. Empty the dishwasher, start some laundry, get the beds made and suddenly... I'm ready for anything. If I can get my work-out clothes on first thing in the morning, once those pesky kids are out the door for school I can get out and get moving. (I realize most of my friends are not in the same position of kicking all the kids out of the house every day, but remember this is for you to remind me next year.)
So far my days are filling up quickly with beginning of school hectic-ness, PTA stuff and generally getting caught up on life. I loved another blog post reminding me that not everything needs to be done today and the priorities are mine to make. I also loved that this awesome, loving mom admitted that while she loves having her kids around, it's also nice to send them to school. The ability to be 'present' is a little easier when you've had a few hours to cross some things off your to-do list and eat lunch without interruption!
So far my biggest gripe with my schedule is what I'm currently calling my afternoon dilemma. I spend over an hour in the warm car picking up kids and getting us all home. By the time I roll into my driveway my eyelids are so heavy I can hardly stand it. Some days I power through we get going on homework after a little snack, but on occasion I have no choice but to set the 15 minute timer on my phone and catch a little nap to be fully functional.
I do love having these kids around and that's always a hard part
about school starting again, but everything to it's season, right? When
the school year-end rolls around I will be ready to throw this schedule
out the window and hang out in our swimming suits for a few months. But for now, I'm enjoying the productivity that comes with that dang "s" word.
3 comments:
Well we all know there's not one exclusive "s" word and I know you like at least two "s" words! I like the idea of being back on the school schedule but I feel like its so jumpy from like 2-8 that it's hard to get a good hold on those hours. I can't believe how fast it came that you're a day time empty nester- that's awesome!
I am loving a little schedule, not surprising. I love that I am getting grocery shopping done at 8am.
I enjoy schedules almost as much as love making/having lists. There isn't a feeling like the one you get when you've crossed everything off.
Also, I love the school year because it means blog updates up the ying yang from Kady Bec.
Post a Comment