Cal thought he was pretty sneaky. (See next post to see where he gets his rebellious streak.) He found my checkbook and brought this to me yesterday. He was trying so hard not to giggle, then it was me trying to hold back the laughter. Notice the memo line says "helping!" Really? Exclamation point? Just when I think Cal's growing out of that stage when kids say funny little things, he surprises me. On January 1st, he informed us that he had made a New Years Revolution. What is a New Year's Revolution you ask? Cal's was to stay up late enough to see Jay Leno and/or David Letterman.A new couple at church taught his class last week. He found out that they had gone to BYU, liked the Oakland A's, and it's not clear, but they may be Hillary Clinton supporters. He said, "Mom, I just can't respect them." Luckily, they had a REALLY great sense of humor about the whole thing.
Where does he get is views on Hillary Clinton? He asked me if I was going to vote for Hillary because she was a woman. I said probably not. When he asked why, I said that she would probably raise our taxes. As most conversations go, another "why" followed. I kept it simple by just saying that she thought she could spend our money better than we could. He seemed to understand and be satisfied. That was, until I heard him telling his baseball coach that he didn't like Hillary Clinton because she was going to take all of our money and go to the mall to buy whatever she wanted. Yikes!
I love you Cal!
6 comments:
ha ha ha Cal is hilarious!! Tell him to write out the next check to Becky ;) Just dont let him send one to Hilary or she will go spend it on herself. what a silly kid.
So it's past midnight, what am I do up? Well I swore that I would not look at anymore blogs and certainly not post any more comments, then I saw Cal's check to himself, I totally cracked up. My favorite is when Cal told me he is only having two kids because three is a handful.
Man, he's such a funny kid. I just love him (so does my little daughter.) Glad he's keeping your money in check for you.
that was hilarious. i had to read the stories out loud to my mom and sister. that kid is a keeper. i love the baseball trash talking you were telling me about that he was doing yesterday.
Hillary thing could come from the fact that her name is Hillary. Cal said that he kept calling her Hillary Clinton. He-la-rious!
Kady,
Just wanted to say "hi." Your kids are so cute. We were sad to see Brooke go - that's awesome you guys are friends and you were able to see her perform! BTW, how do you know Stacie Harris? She is one of my best frends from high school. Cute post about your son, kids are so funny.
Post a Comment