Tuesday, September 16, 2008

He's a charmer.

I got a great message from Cal's teacher last week. She started by saying how excited she was to have Cal in her class (ya, whatever, you say that to all the parents), but she went on and on about what a joy he is in the classroom and how bright and wonderful he is. She said she was so impressed that we had exposed him to so many exciting things and taken him so many different places. It was almost over the top, almost. I called Kirt and made him listen to the message to we could get a chuckle out of it together. Cal is a great kid but I (we) cannot take too much credit. I feel like kids kind-of are who they are. We just giggle a little because he was the only child for so long and as a result, he is perfectly happy to hang out and talk politics, sports or religion (even when he's completely oblivious to the facts!) The best part was when I called her back she said she was so impressed with how many states Cal has been to. She said, "Cal even told me that he went to Wyoming or Montana this summer?" Like it was Africa or something. Anyway, in honor of his 9th birthday, I thought I'd post this little shout-out (sorry to those of you who somehow already read it on Google Reader - it was supposed to be a draft!) We'll post soon on his birthday weekend festivities.

4 comments:

Emily and company said...

Happy Birthday Cal. We think you are a great kid too.

grandmaloly said...

well Cal's Teacher would be impressed that I went to Taber Canada,Washington DC. and Seaside Oregon this summer. LOL. Just thought I would share. But you do have a little charmer on your hands it is hard to believe that he is 9. Watch out when he turns 16.

Mandee said...

What a doll he is, and I SWEAR that I saw his little face in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Am I crazy???

Anonymous said...

Cal is another gorgeous little beauty who I think is very good looking.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img/APIUysiUv6SmDjnZVbBTQEJZsqDrgHzkrt_3gKQNek9uSzN_2qlADAs7UzAMJ-bI6zfe6eBp_PcdvrztitRN=s1600

When I downloaded this picture I sharpened it slightly and put him on display life size in my living room and bedroom in my large digital picture displays. I absolutely love having this gorgeous beautiful boy on display life size in my home. The clarity and detail is so good when I walk up to admire him I can see every beautiful good looking feature and detail as though Cal is directly in front of me. It appears he is looking directly at me with that beautiful face and those dreamy eyes! I love showing him off to friends and bragging about how beautiful and good looking he is. Privately I love walking up to him, leaning close and kissing him. The display is warm and silky smooth so when I kiss him it seems like he comes to life and I am really getting to kiss him and I love that a lot. It is so much fun and always a very enjoyable experience. Since I have him in the privacy of my home I can take my time kissing him and enjoy every kiss to the fullest.