
Look out world! This ladies man is in 3rd grade. I still can't believe that school has started. I feel like it kind of snuck up on me. But to be honest, everything sneaks up on me these days. Case in point: apologies to those who still have not received their b-day or graduation gifts! But I digress. I started feeling so sad yesterday, wishing that I had done more with Cal over the summer break. Then I ran down a quick list of things we did this summer: trips to the beach, water parks and swimming pools, 3 weeks in Utah, which included backstage passes to the American Idol concert, Jackson Hole, Alpine Slide, Lagoon, Hollywood star tour, mini golfing, a few other mini-vacay's, bike rides, play dates - have I missed anything? I started wondering how we packed so much into one summer, but still like we could have done more. Then it hit me. Is this is how I'll feel when my little monkeys grow up? Some days seem longer than others, but the years keep getting shorter. When they are ready to move out of my house, I know I'll be wishing that I did more with them. No matter how crazy the sand at the beach makes me, someday they'll be too busy to go to the beach with me or they won't be running from the waves screaming with glee. Now is the time to make memories with our kids, and so we will.

On a less tear-filled note: Go Utes! The boys had a blast watching Utah beat Michigan on Saturday. Cal had his trash-talking friend Jono there to egg him on. They are serious trouble when they get together. They argue with every call and paced laps around the couch for the last 2 minutes of the game. I love college football season because the boys all get so excited. Okay, maybe I get a little excited too. I did after all, put off Cal's birth for a few days to attend one last Utah game, and I was back at the stadium before the end of that season (he was born Sept 20).

Doesn't she look fabulous in her first U shirt? I don't know why she looks like she has bags under her eyes, but she enjoyed most of the game from the comfort of her crib. Nap time coincided nicely with game time. Also, big drooler lately. Is it possible that she has ANOTHER tooth coming in. Looks like it. She has started this hilarious noise whenever she gets something she wants. (I first noticed it while eating Rice Krispie Treats the other day.) It's kind of a "ha-ha" that completely cracks me up. I give in far too often, but then I get my ha-ha and I can't help but giggle.
7 comments:
cal man does look like a stud! how do you have a boy that old?! oh I don't want the time to pass either!!
Good looking kids, but they would look better in blue. - Nate
he is one cute kid. i have thought about this a lot lately...how time passes faster and faster the older we get. it is kind of sad, and makes you think
You have such cute kidos! And I am right there with ya on the growing up thing. Jadynn is getting baptised on the 13th and I just wonder where the past 8 years have gone. The U shirts are super cute! Sounds like the boys had lots of fun!!
Dido on the school thing. you know what i mean.
Hey Kady, small world, I was looking for one of my family member's blogs and yours came up on the search engine. Your kids are adorable!! BTW, in case you don't remember me, my maiden name is Garr and we went to school together. I know what you mean about kids growing up to fast, my oldest is turning 12 in October. He's making me feel very old right now. It was great to see your family, feel free to check out my blog as well!!
I'm with you on time going by so fast. But somehow winter seems to not go by so fast. I can't believe how big Cal is. I still remember him being 2 when we went to see you guys on our honeymoon.
Post a Comment