Tessa started nursery this week. Our ward has the best nursery leaders. Not only do they insist on taking the kids at 17 months, but they always send home the cutest hand outs and crafts, and plan the most thoughtful lessons. (Background on the photo: We had just gotten home from church - Tessa is ready for a nap and Owen was sweating to death in his sweater. Neither were particularly interested in being photogenic. See their cute name tags from nursery?)

By all reports she did great. I stayed with her until she was occupied and then sneaked out. Once she realized I was gone, she was a little perplexed, but her teacher handed her a cookie and it was all good. Owen was a very protective brother: saving a seat next to him at story time for "my baby girl" and whenever he'd see her checking out a toy that another kid had, Owen would snatch it for her. Good looking out big bro.

In not so exciting news - we think she dislocated her elbow last week. Kirt tried to stop her from running into a parking lot and grabbed her arm. She started crying and wouldn't move her arm at all, but there was no swelling. About and hour and a half later, she was still upset and not moving it, so I packed her up and headed for the pediatric urgent care. She was still sad in the car and on the way up to the office. Once inside, she wanted to get down and walk around. She ended up falling on the injured arm and after a little hug, she was fine and happy, waving her arm all about. Apparently she popped it back herself when she fell. The doctor called it a "nurse-maids elbow" which I decided is about the stupidest name I've ever heard, but whatev, my baby's healthy.

We made a trip to Santa Barbara last weekend which is always a favorite. If you haven't been, I highly suggest it. We found an awesome beach that we hadn't been to before and shot about 150 pictures - I couldn't resist the awesome sunset.

These boys are dang good friends and they've got battle scars from each other to prove it.

Daddy with the little ones. Kirt's been pretty busy at work lately, so when he's around these two won't let him go. (And Cal won't quit talking about what Bowl Game the Utes are going to play in.)

Last week Kirt told me that he likes my blog. Sometimes he'll tease me about spending so much time keeping up with friends (or stalking acquaintances) on the blogosphere. But he said that he likes mine because the pictures aren't perfect and life seems to be portrayed as it really is. I guess that means he's been doing a little blog-stalking of his own. : ) These really are my favorite pictures. Where we're just - us.
8 comments:
Congratulations on making it to nursery. That is such a milestone (more for the mother. Two free hours of church. It feels amazing! Also, I love that picture of you and Tessa. Gorgeous!
This post made my week. I love your kids. And your blog is good too...I agree with Kirt, I appreciate the realism. ;)
yay for nursery. that is so cute that owen watches out for tessa. you guys are always doing fun weekend trips it seems like. i need to get on board with that. and i agree, that pic of you and tess is really great.
Curtis teases me the same about blogging! I love it because you can pick a time of day to sit down and catch up with friends new and old! And I don't feel guilty because at the same time we are recording a family history, right?
Kady!
I just found your blog through Betsey's blog! I'm a brand new blogger :) and I'm gonna add you to my blog list if that's ok!
Luv ya!
Tara
I love the picture with you and Tess! you two look so beautiful.
Nurse-maids elbow: My friend's little girl has that and they told her no gymnastics or hanging from bars until she's at least five, then they'll see how it goes. How do you keep an active toddler from hanging on things? Sad for Tessa. The pics of your family are awesome. Love the beach. We need a vacation. The mtns here are all brown and snow capped. Gloomy.
Congrats on the nursery! Good nursery leaders are the key to your kids loving going to church on Sundays. Our nursery leaders are wonderful as well. And, the handouts are so cute that we've started keeping them to use for future family home evenings.
Love the pictures. Yeah, so many people out there have "perfect" pictures. If Kirt wants to see any more not-so-perfect pictures, send him over to our blog. (lol)
Post a Comment