Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween Again!

Here are our trick-or-treaters in action. They had a blast last night. We took the little ones out early, then Cal went out with some friends for a while. Our neighborhood has turned out to be a good trick or treat spot with lots of kids - and adults. We had a full grown woman come to our door with a cape on, holding out her backpack for treats. I kept looking around her for a kid, but nope, she just wanted some chocolate for herself. Can you blame her?
This was Owen's year. He knew what was coming and could hardly wait. He was the kid standing at the door yelling "Trick or Treat" until someone came to the door. When we headed for home he was totally irritated. He kept saying, "We are NOT going home. We are NOT done." over and over. I wish I could freeze this age sometimes.
Tessa did not grasp the concept as well. She kept pulling her candy out of the bag and giving it to the people at the door. She was more than willing to share, which works out well for me. I already had a Butterfinger and a Laffy Taffy for breakfast.
The little ones and a few of their friends. Apparently we only hang out with people with cute kids. We're snobby that way.
Tell me you didn't do this when you were 9. This was Cal's bedroom after the older ones had been out on their 3rd trip. The room was clean when the night started, but this is in the middle of the "candy negotiations." I forgot to give Cal pointers before this went down. Let's hope he didn't give away all his Reese's for Smarties or Jolly Ranchers.

Just for Holly: Cal was Manny Ramirez from the Dodgers. His dreads were the source of much controversy this baseball season. He even trimmed them toward the end of the season, but Cal insisted on being "Manny being Manny." We saw a few more Man Ram's around the neighborhood, but a few people told Cal that his dreads were the best. Thanks Anneli for hooking us up with the perfect yarn. Also, thanks to Mariah for Tessa's headband. It looked adorable and these seem to be the only things she'll keep on her head.

9 comments:

me? said...

Chase did the same thing as tessa - although I quickly recovered his deposits because he was leaving behind full-sized candybars (def. not my kid) - and the "candy negotiations" - priceless! You do have pretty cute kids (the neighbors have nothing on you)

Holly said...

Thanks for the clarification of the costume. I know I'm a bit of a loser when it comes to baseball trivia. Ask me football or basketball, and I got it covered.. well, better than baseball, anyway!

agirlnamedgay said...

They look great! and tessa girl absolutely looks like a princess! love it!

The Kohlers said...

cute kids and darling costumes!! I love Halloween....I just have to tell you how jealous I get looking at your blog at all the beach pictures..not fair!!!! ha ha

Becky said...

Cute pictures! Looks like fun!

Laura said...

what a fun night! ahh, taking toddlers trick or treating is just pure comedy. i am laughing just thinking about tessa handing her candy back, kalia trying to walk right in people's houses and chase falling on his face 5 times.

Emily and company said...

I have one word for you: adorable.

~Ali~ said...

Awesome Halloween pics!! Looks like the kids had a blast!! I love Tessa's costume! Cute cute!! Oh....and, I tag you! go check my blog so find out what it is!

California Banry's said...

They are so cute. I think Owen looks the most excited. Tessa's so so like you, always giving to others.