Saturday, December 13, 2008

Leo Carillo State Beach

We had heard of this beach, but reached it out of desperation a few weeks ago. We headed to the beach for Christmas card pictures and the entire coast was sooo foggy. We just kept heading North until the fog cleared out. We ended up at Leo Carillo Beach and it was awesome.
This picture was taken the next Sunday when we went back with some friends for more pictures. We didn't time it very well, it was high tide and all the tide pools were submerged, but it rained for a few minutes and this awesome rainbow appeared. I don't think I've ever seen the beginning and the end of a rainbow like this one. Pretty sure I even saw a leprechaun at one end.
This was the first week when the tide was out. Tons of tide pools with sea stars, urchins. There are also hundreds of sand crabs everywhere.
A few pics that didn't make the Christmas card.
One of my favorites. As documented previously, I have a soft spot for the crazy pictures.

Another must-see for our Los Angeles readers is Candy Cane Lane in Woodland Hills. We drive through at least once a week during December. It's an entire neighborhood that pulls out all the stops for Christmas lights and decorations. Heading south on Corbin, turn left on Oxnard and you'll find it. The traffic can get a little backed up, but it's pretty awesome. See you there.

4 comments:

Holly said...

The beach is gorgeous! Perfect timing to get to see a rainbow too! I need a beach vacation. I miss it!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

It's three degrees here.

I am CRAAAVING Southern California, and these incredible pictures did not help. Do you think seminary teachers might eventually get paid enough to allow a move back to the home of my heart?

I could so go for Susie Cakes right now. While wearing flip flops. Waaahhhh!

Emily and company said...

I love these pictures. They look so professional. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Mandee said...

These are AMAZING pictures- how do we really know they are yours;) Happy Holidays to you and your family.