Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow in Vegas

It has snowed in Malibu a few times since we have lived in Southern California and it even hailed for about 45 seconds the other day at our house, but we found a lot of snow this weekend at Bart and Andria's house in Las Vegas - of all places. Owen figured that it was easier to pick up chunks of ice and throw them instead of hand-packing a snow ball.
A little early for Kirt and Bart, but we had to get a picture. The kids had a blast on our weekend trip. We did a little shopping, a little cooking and just hanging out. A nice little trip away from everyday life. Thanks to our generous hosts!
I've seen a few people post pictures of their Christmas trees and thought mine may be of interest for a different reason. Can you tell that we have little trouble makers at our house? Owen helped decorate it this year, so it never was "perfect" but even the ribbon wrapped around the top has been mangled by flying footballs and other random objects. I found an orange in the tree last week and Kirt pulled a sippy cup out of it a few days ago. Don't forget to notice the heap of lights on the floor that have come unraveled. I'm told someday I'll look back on these times with nostalgia. Okay, if you say so?
Cal's school had their annual Holiday program last week. Cal's grade sang The Reindeer Twist. Cal was down in front and got to pick someone from the audience to come out and dance with them. I was given specific instructions on where I should be seated so he could find me easily. Owen was not crazy about being in front of a large audience, but he's been singing and dancing ever since.
One last pic from the beach that I forgot to post last time. It's not often that we get a picture of the whole family together. Oh yeah, and we never get one where everyone is looking at the camera, let alone smiling.

10 comments:

grandmaloly said...

cute pictures, It was fun seeing your family this last weekend. have a good Christmas. Love Lola

Holly said...

How Fun! I remember our tree looking like that only a few years ago. Really, time flies, and you'll miss the days when you couldn't have anything on the bottom 18" of your tree. Really.

Laura said...

wow, it looks like everyone was in vegas this weekend. i really like that candid pic of you and the kids at cal's school. really cute. and the tree is hilarious. i thought it looked great when i saw it. amazingly, chase has not mangled my tree...we'll see about next year.

me? said...

love the christmas tree...sounding so familiar. Hope you guys have a great christmas. Hopefully, too, we'll get to see you soon!

Hilary said...

Love the Xmas tree. That is my fav.

~Ali~ said...

Okay, the tree is hilarious! I had the delima of putting one up this year for the same reasons so I had a different approach! I bought a 3 footer and put it up behind a gate! lol I will have to post my interesting tree also! And I love that family pic of you guys! that is definately a keeper!! We missed you guys at Grandma BJ's party! Hope you all have a great Christmas!

agirlnamedgay said...

love the snow pics! but kady could this cold weather have anything to do with the kids not feeling well? see why we just have to hide out in So Cal and avoid cold weather at all costs!!! I'm a believer!

Shannon said...

I love the tree Kady! I see trees at friends or neighbors homes that are perfectly decorated and I wonder how that happens. Our tree is a complete disaster, but I love it! The kids decorated it from top to bottom this year, complete with a Yoda on top instead of an angel. Oh well, it makes for good conversation.

The Smith crew said...

I laughed so hard at your tree, because mine looked exactly the same! I strung the lights and the kids did the rest. I'm doing that every year, it was so fun! Hope you are having a fabulous new year!

grandmaloly said...

time for update. I looked forward to see what your cute little family is up to,