Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where have I been?

Celebrating. That's where.
We enjoyed the Utah/BYU game at the Hansen's. It was a great game for the Utes, and a fabulous afternoon with friends (and foes.) If I could download the pics from my phone, I'd love to show you what we did to a Cougar-friend's car the night before. At 11:00 pm, Kirt and I headed over with all the kids asleep in the back seat of our car. We changed out his BYU license plate frame with a more fitting "U" one, and painted his windows to make sure he knew that Utah was BCS bound. I felt like I was in junior high again, toilet papering the neighbor's house and was about ready to pee my pants the whole time. I was sure we were going to get caught. Kirt still hasn't quit laughing at me - he keeps asking "what did you think was going to happen if we got caught?" I hadn't thought that far, I was just reveling in the feeling of rebellion.
The Cougars and Utes making peace after the game. Madagascar brings us all together. See Tessa's pony-tail on top of her head? It was her first, and she's had one every day since. She is finally growing some hair and doesn't mind having it combed once in a while.
Despite the overwhelming number of Cougars, there were only a few cookies left out of the 4 plates that I brought. Good cookies, not good picture.
And, as previously mentioned, Owen turned 3. This was the "big" cake that he requested and helped me make. We had a quiet family birthday, with dinner at Owen's choice: Chili's. Then cake and ice cream at home after unwrapping presents.
Owen got a bike from his aunts and uncles. He loves cruising around the neighborhood on this bad boy. Thanks guys! He loved the card too - stinkerpants sandwich.
And a scooter. He has always loved these scooters, and has figured out how to ride it pretty well, despite the age suggestion of 6 on the box.
Tessa enjoying the ice cream. As we were walking through the store, Owen spotted some ice cream cones. I told him to throw them in the cart. It was, after all, his birthday. What I didn't realize until we opened them that night was that they were so tiny. Tess has not even begun to eat the cone in this picture. I need a melon baller to scoop ice cream into them. Makes for a great bedtime snack.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Super funny post. I love how you said that you nearly peed your pants. I love doing things like that. It does make me feel like a kid again.

agirlnamedgay said...

cute pics! so that really is a big cake for owie... loving it. i think you need to post a pic of your x-mas lighting... it's a good one!

Rudloff Rascals said...

This post is sooooo cute!!! Everytime I look at your blog, which is often, I get excited to see what your family is doing (it's almost better than the Hills, ALMOST!!). We have so much in common, except my family LOVES the Giants. Can't wait to read your next post.

Emily and company said...

This is a funny post. By the way, who is that little girl in the high chair? What did she do with baby Tessa?

The Smith crew said...

Oh, I am so jealous that this picture is in November and everyone is wearing shorts and sandals, Congrats to Taft and Lesha!