Tess has recently cut the word "like" out of her vocabulary. It appears that she's far too passionate a girl to settle for lukewarm feelings...for anything:Yesterday I offered her a sandwich. "But moooom, I don't LOOOOVE sandwiches."
Getting in the car. "But moooom, I don't LOOVE getting buckled."
Altercation with a brother. "Mom, I don't LOVE Owen." -This one stings a little. I have tried to reason with her and discuss that, of course we love Owen, but right now we're a little mad. But she just keeps saying "I don't LOVE him." I am likely the first mom ever to ask my child to say that she doesn't LIKE her brother. Hearing the former just breaks my heart in two.
It's one of those quirks that I hope she holds onto for a while. Hearing her talk about the things that she LOOOOVES makes my day. As the baby in the family, (don't mention that to her, hearing her called a baby fires her right up.) I am having a hard time letting go of certain things. Namely, mispronounced words. The other day she said 'zipper' correctly and I mis-corrected her and reminded her that it was 'zlipper'. I couldn't stop myself, my favorite part of the day is when she asks me to zlip her jacket or jeans. She tells Kirt not to getfor (forget) his computer for work and jumps out from behind doors yelling "Guprise!"
Man, this little girl has a hold on us. Every day Kirt stops and says, "Just look at her! She is so cute!" I think we'll keep her.
Post Edit - I can't believe I forgot to record 2 other favorite mispronunciations: Remimote - remote and the day after today is tomorroriow. An extra i in any word is just adorable.
4 comments:
She is pretty cute. I feel the same way about the mispronounced words. I am still sad that chase doesn't say pup for cup or I can't know instead of I don't know.
I use to say I hated Bonnie, my mom would say you don't hate her and I would say you don't know how I feel,but I can truly say I love my sister, she is my best friend. NOW!!!!!!
Cute post Kady! It reminds of Tate. He used to say "gerfot" instead of forgot. There's just something about that word. I still tell him it's "gerfot", because I miss him saying it like that. It's so hard letting go of our youngest, isn't it?
Yeah, she is pretty cute. love the mispronuciations too. So endearing. I too had one that said "gotfor." Glad you posted, we all need to remember those precious things. Hope you're doing well. We miss you all in Reseda Ward.
Post a Comment