
We've done some celebrating at our house as of late. Cal turned
11 in September. It's hard to believe that he's just 2 years away from being a teenager. He had a great birthday weekend with Grandma Peterson in town.

He had specific requests for all of his celebrations. This was his mint chocolate chip ice cream cake on his actual birthday. I didn't get pics, but he requested glazed and chocolate donuts for his class party at school. I guess it's the last year for taking treats to school as he'll be in middle school next year. (Holy crap!)

He had a party with a bunch of friends. The rental company made a mistake on the bounce house. I was so bugged that I took a picture to school, pulled Cal out of class for a minute and showed it to him to make sure it was okay before I let them leave it at the house. I thought it looked little kiddish, Cal couldn't have cared less. He made sure that it had the slide and a bounce house and he was fine. (And maybe looked at me like I was crazy.) Luckily the mistakes didn't stop there and the company forgot to pick up the bounce house until 10:30pm. Those kids played on that thing while having a NERF war all night long.

Red Velvet cupcakes with red U's were the requested dessert for this party. We did a late-night party on a Friday and I have to say, it may have been the best idea ever. We're not crazy about sleep overs, so we had the kids over from 5:30 (some of the kids just came home from school with Cal at 2:30) and had parents come pick them up at 10:30. I didn't have to worry about getting kids to bed, drama in the night or breakfast in the morning. I think it was successful.

Kirt had a birthday too. We had his favorite homemade breakfast before he worked a long day. It ended with dinner with the fam, cake, ice cream and a few gifts that night. We also went to dinner with a few friends a few days later. Kirt picked the craziest BBQ place I've ever experienced. The tag line on the menu was "For a dern tootin' good time." The restaurant had cartoon pigs painted on the walls and sketched all over the menu. Luckily the food was pretty dern good and Kirt got his wish for some adults-only bowling after dinner.

These boys asked for it...literally. Who knows why boys like the things they like. They taped their own mouths and requested help for the rest of their bodies. It was not safe. They lost their balance a few times and fell over a couple of times before I made them undo their legs. Goofballs.

We went to an assembly at the boys' school this morning. Owen was so excited, "Guess who's the person of the day? ME!" Everyday he tells me that he thinks he'll be the person of the day tomorrow - yesterday he was right. This is his best bud. They draw each other pictures constantly and talk on the phone several times a week. It's hilarious.

The reason we attended the assembly was Cal received a Super Star award for outstanding citizenship. So proud of him. His friend X since 1st grade also got an award. These two have always bonded over college sports. I wonder what it will be like when their teams are in the same conference next year!

Cal's other best friend Nick, another super star! These two have coordinating Halloween costumes that they're pretty excited about. I can't believe Halloween is just over a week away. Yikes!
2 comments:
You do have such an adorable family! Those posts about Tess crack me up. I will be sad when Christian doesn't say "Tay-doo" anymore for "Thank You". It justs means they are all growing up , and that is harder than I thought!
I am just getting caought on on the blogs and read this! Loved it! You always make me smile. You always have had the funniest sense of humor.
Post a Comment