Sometimes I wonder if anyone checks this blog. When I update, it's mostly just for me. I like having a place where I'm keeping some pics of the kids with notes of little things that are going on. But I have realized that if I wait too long, that's when people start weighing in. And to all of our grandparents - our regular computer is on its way back to us and pictures will be posted soon.
Just a few notes about what's been popping at our house: Tessa now has 4 teeth. She has her two front teeth on the bottom and her two "eye teeth" on the top. It is totally bizarre, I know. She looks a bit like a vampire baby. She's pulling herself up to furniture and just might be walking soon. What's up with that? My boys didn't walk until well after their first birthday. She loves looking at herself in the mirror and does a great "worm" to get from place to place.
Tuesday night Owen got his second set of stitches. He was just too close to Cal swinging the bat when they were out playing baseball. He got 6 stitches up on the side of his big forehead. The plastic surgeon suggested that we keep him on retainer. Yikes! On the bright side, he is talking up a storm. We're getting lots of sentences out of him and he's really good at saying "please", "thank-you" and "you're welcome".
Cal had a huge week at school. He was in the school spelling bee. (It was for the top 3 spellers in each class.) He did very well, but was a little sad when he misspelled "tommorow". (I mean tomorrow.) He had spelled it correctly every time we practiced it at home, but it was a big crowd, a stage and a microphone that got him a little nervous. He also got a "Super Star Award" for his awesome math skills. This is an award that is given at an assembly in front of the whole school. He also came in 3rd place in the Jump 4 Heart Jump-a-thon for the 2nd grade. He is one great kid!
Enough info for one post, right? Pictures to come soon!
1 comment:
hey kady! i love that Tessa has fangs!! Ian got fangs too when he was first teething. i hadn't seen it before and thought it was so hilarious! i'd love to see a piture of tessa's!
Post a Comment