Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Easter Post

We did have a little family Easter celebration at our house, although very subdued as most of us were not feeling so hot. Tessa spent the weekend with a fever that would not die. By Sunday afternoon I couldn't stand it anymore and called the doctor. The doctor on-call was not our pediatrician, but he said she likely had a virus that would just have to run it's course. As we hung up the phone, I thanked him for his time and wished him a Happy Easter. What do you think the chances are that Dr. Reinstein in Encino (Jewish capital of LA) celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ? Whatever. By Tuesday I couldn't stand it anymore and took her to our dr. Turns out it was a virus (with a rash by this time) but she also had a double ear infection. Poor little pumpkin. Anyway, we did get a few Easter photos in the morning with the kids baskets. We have yet to get a pic of the kids in their Easter clothes because only Kirt and Cal were well enough to go to church.
This year Cal asked how the Easter Bunny gets in the house. Santa comes down the chimney...Maybe the Easter Bunny is magic?
I think it's obvious that Owen found some jelly beans before the camera found him.

Sweet little Tess. Even being so sick, she has been so cuddly and happy. Her first Easter dress is still hanging up with the tags on.
Because no post is complete without a shout-out to our American Idol - This is what Owen has to say when you ask him what Brooke says.

I forgot that not many of you speak "Owen." This is his version of "Let It Be."

8 comments:

grandmaloly said...

what sweet kids,maybe Owen could sing with Brooke sometime,at least the chorus anyway.

agirlnamedgay said...

ok that's gotta be the cutest thing. i'm dying laughing!

Becky said...

you have quite the little singer there!! That is so cute. Sorry your kids were sick for Easter.. we know how that goes.. ours were sick for Christmas. (oh and this is the first time we have ever decorated Easter eggs) :)

Brandi said...

Aw, they're so cute and sweet! I love Owen's "Let it Be." So adorable. I hope Tess is feeling better now. It stinks when they don't feel well. :(

Shannon said...

That is hilarious! I love his curly hair.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the laughs. Miss you guys!!!!!! Love, Bailee

The Stephensen's said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! Your kids are to darn cute! I love Owen's curly hair and Cal looks just like you! Also we are all voting for Brooke.

Alliban said...

That is too funny. Maybe O can get on AI with Brooke as a back up singer. Natey loves it. He must speak O!