Only 1 of my 3 children actually got dressed yesterday - and that was because he had to go to school. Once Cal got off to school and we finished breakfast, the little ones and I headed out to work in the yard - kids still sporting their PJ's. We planted some flowers that I picked up on Saturday. (Only in So Cal are we planting flowers in October!) We finished up by watering everything really well, which turned into a water slide competition on the toy pictured above. After everyone was covered in wet grass and a little mud, we headed in for a bath. Freshly diapered kids ate their lunch and went down for their naps. (Yes I said napS. Owen fell asleep in the living room chair. When he woke up 2 hours later, face down in the chair, he said, "I was lookin for somethin." It took him awhile to admit he'd actually slept.) Once the kids were up from their naps, I was working on dinner and knew that the next clothing my children would wear would be a new set of jammies. With temps hitting the mid 90's today, maybe we'll take another clothing-optional day?
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Don't judge me
Only 1 of my 3 children actually got dressed yesterday - and that was because he had to go to school. Once Cal got off to school and we finished breakfast, the little ones and I headed out to work in the yard - kids still sporting their PJ's. We planted some flowers that I picked up on Saturday. (Only in So Cal are we planting flowers in October!) We finished up by watering everything really well, which turned into a water slide competition on the toy pictured above. After everyone was covered in wet grass and a little mud, we headed in for a bath. Freshly diapered kids ate their lunch and went down for their naps. (Yes I said napS. Owen fell asleep in the living room chair. When he woke up 2 hours later, face down in the chair, he said, "I was lookin for somethin." It took him awhile to admit he'd actually slept.) Once the kids were up from their naps, I was working on dinner and knew that the next clothing my children would wear would be a new set of jammies. With temps hitting the mid 90's today, maybe we'll take another clothing-optional day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Can I just say that I am so jealous of your warm weather!! We also do clothing optional days, as in today. I have to work all day, so me and the kids are still in our pj's, so you'll get no judgment from me :)
no judgement here! My kids wore their new jammies all day yesterday.. ok and then to bed again and we changed this morning so I could wash them! :)
I think that sounds like a good day. And, at least you had an excuse. Sometimes, my girls are in their jammies most of the day for no reason other than my own laziness. (lol) I envy your warm weather. We've already started transitioning to pants every day.
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who does that once in a while! There is no judgement from me! lol Man...I wish we were still having nice warm weather! It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend! YIKES!! I need to get some shopping done for Trey or he will be a very cold kid! Anyway, thanks for making me feel better! lol
no room to judge here, either. what i am frustrated about is the fact that you get to plant flowers just as mine are getting pulled up. there is the jealousy issue.
So nice to hear that I am not the only mom that has these pj days, actually I love those days! Helps to remind me that life can slow down once in awhile.
that sounds like a great day. especially w/ both kids napping. owen cracks me up...just looking for something for 2 hours. Don't know about you, but I am ready for some cooler weather
Hey Kady! Its nice to hear I'm not the only one. It is 1:00 in the afternoon right now and we are all still in our PJ's except for Kaycee who had to go to school or she would still be in her's too. Your kids are so cute and getting so big.
What a perfect day. Can it get any better than that? Glad life is going so well.
Post a Comment