Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rise and Shout, the Cougars are out (of the BCS)

I have a million things that I should be posting, but Kirt and I have been laughing at this video and had to share it. Sorry Cougs, Go UTES!

(Pause the Playlist at the bottom before you watch the clip, for full effect.)

6 comments:

Holly said...

I found your blog through many others. I read several of your most recent posts. Your kids are ADORABLE. I haven't ever seen Tess. I agree with Kirt that she has a look a little different from your boys. It seems like yesterday that the two of you were watching Taylor for me, now you have a NINE year old. How did that happen!

Emily and company said...

This is so funny. I think I am the only person in Utah to love both teams. Andy was so heart broken after the TCU game, I have had him on suicide watch. I guess we'll cheer for the Utes or Wildcats for the rest of year.

Rodney said...

First off, nice video. I like it: creative idea, soothing voice, decent video editing. Good work for a short turnaround, especially for someone with a glorified high school education.

Now let's get down to business. BCS refresher course:

"The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls."

Right now, Utah is 11, TCU is 14 and BYU is 21. Also, Boise State is 12 and couple other wannabes are 19 and 20. I'll spare you the gory details, but b/c the ACC and Big East suck this year, all six of those non-BCS teams, but particularly the first four I mentioned, have a legitimate shot at the BCS. If everything plays out as it should, the Nov. 22 matchup at Rice Chex Stadium will be for all the marbles ... and that is a game I'd pay money to see!

Jono said...

Best post ever, Kady! That shot of Max Hall with his chin strap about to break his nose gave me chills.

As for the BCS commentary from BYU myopia land, what they fail to realize is that BYU will likely lose again before the Nov. 22 matchup. BYU's record against Division 1 teams with a winning record: 0 - 1.

I for one am waiting on tickets as I know by the time the game gets here I will be able to pick them up on cougarfan for pennies on the dollar.

Jono said...

p.s.

If I really like that Jason Mraz song ...am I gay?

California Banry's said...

That is too funny. I'll have to send Nate to your blog to see that but he probably won't say something nice. Go Utes!