My life has been changed forever. From the moment we decided to buy our house, I knew the shower doors in our master bathroom would make me crazy, and they have. They are just clear glass that I knew would show horrible water spots. I have bought countless cleaning products, squeegeed like crazy, scrubbed till my fingers hurt and still, the glass would not let go of the ugly spots. Until last week. My mom called and said that she'd just read something about vinegar, maybe that was my answer? I felt like singing as I cleaned my shower. I didn't even have to scrub, just wiped it down with a rag soaked in vinegar and water and the shower doors were sparkling! I was so excited to show Kirt, I dragged him into the bathroom and presented the shower doors with my very best Vanna White impression. I told him my secret ingredient, expecting him to be blown away. Instead he said, "Didn't I tell you about vinegar?" BTW- no he did not - whatever. My apologies if this dramatic tale of my shower doors was not interesting to you. As much as I don't revel in the title, I am a housewife and clean shower doors bring sunshine to my day. Anybody else have any helpful hints?
2 posts in 1: One useful and one, well, not so much, but I've been tagged...
8 tv shows I love to watch:
The Hills, The Office, Project Runway, Flipping Out, Top Design, Million Dollar Listing, Real Housewives, Grey's Anatomy
8 favorite restaurants:
The Old Spaghetti Factory, The Habit, Maggiano's, Pei Wei, Stonefire, Outback, Burger Bar, Ogden Pizzaria
8 things that happened yesterday:
Seriously boring day, but did lots of laundry and "Yes on Proposition 8" stuff
8 things I'm looking forward to:
Saturday, Halloween, Owen's Birthday, Grandma, Grandpa and Joni's visit, a haircut, Christmas Vacation, the election being over, Tessa being able to ask for what she wants
8 things on my wish list:
Gold shoes, something to wear to Kirt's Christmas party (I know it's early, but it tortures me ever year), new dishes, pedicure, a reflector, a few more hours in the day
Stay tuned: I've just downloaded some great pictures from our recent adventures, more posting to come soon!
3 comments:
That's just the post I needed today! I've been trying to get Allen to squeegee the shower door so it won't show water spots, but apparently it doesn't bother him like it does me. I'm going to have to try the vinegar solution. It makes me excited just thinking about it. That's sad, isn't it?
Ok it kinda sucks & a little training is involved, but I keep Tilex shower spray and a squeege in my shower. After every shower just take a second to spray and squeege. Other than that, I never clean the door & it looks fine. Love the BYU video.
Thanks for the tip. I am getting excited just thinking about cleaning my shower and looking at it sparkle.
Post a Comment