(Sorry for those of you that have heard the Tess story, I've told it to a few of you, but I have to record it for posterity's sake.)
Sunday morning the kids came and joined us in bed as we reveled in the weekend where we get to enjoy church in our PJ's. (Is there a PJ trend here?) Anyway, we've been watching the Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD several times a week to get Owen more familiar with his letters. (Thanks to a reminder from Brandi.) From time to time, I'll quiz him about what the letters say. The premise of the "movie" is that the letters have to learn how to say their own sound. They teach the "A"s their sound by sending in a scary monster, then they all shout, "Aaaa!" The first time I asked Owen what they A said, he yelled, "Roar!" Well, at least he was paying attention? So, back to Sunday. I asked, "Owen, what does the A say?" He was silent and Tessa said, "A says aaa." I asked her again, just to be sure and she replied, "A says aaa." That little monkey! She will only say my name if she is desperate and crying for something, but she'll bust out a sentence? She's only said it once again since Sunday, but it's pretty clear: A says aaa.
Today as I was changing Owen's diaper he said, "Mom, I likah you hair" Translation - I like your hair. I wondered what my 2 year old found appealing about last night's ponytail that was still being worn at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I asked. "What do you like about it?" He replied, "It's messy." Thanks Owen, I like your hair too. Especially when it's messy!
4 comments:
Your kids are so funny and adorable! Smart little stinkers too! lol
tessa jane... she's a funny one. and shoot combine her with owen... there could be trouble in the peterson household!!
Could your barely one year old teach my two year old how to say a few things? I can't believe she can say that already. I'm still waiting for Tate to give me something other than "gokie", his only word so far. By the way, did you ever remember what Doug meant by "speedo priveleges"?
Cute story. And I'm glad to hear someone else is wearing the same ponytail in a 24 hour period :)
Post a Comment